The Pledge to America backed by Congressman Boehner features a plan to repeal ObamaCare and replace it with common-sense solutions that would lower health care costs and protect jobs. But that’s not all.
The Cincinnati Enquirer reported today that Boehner has become the “highest ranking Republican” to sign a pledge by RevereAmerica.org “to repeal the new health care law championed by President Obama.”
John has repeatedly said that he is “committed to doing everything that I can do and our team can do to prevent Obamacare from being implemented.” That includes blocking funding for all of the new IRS agents, bureaucracies, and more needed to carry out the law. For example, the Enquirer reported:
“In a wide-ranging, hour-long meeting with the Enquirer editorial board, John Boehner said he intends to attempt to repeal or block funding for the health care legislation passed earlier this year.
“‘They'll get not one dime from us. Not a dime. There is no fixing this,’ said the West Chester Republican.”
ObamaCare is hurting job growth in Ohio and causing uncertainty for private sector employers – whether it’s through new taxes and penalties or the jobs-killing “1099 mandate.” The new law is also sending health care spending skyward and opposed by a majority of Ohioans who favor repeal.
- Signed the Ohio Health Care Freedom Amendment sponsored by the Cincinnati Tea Party;
- Endorsed Ohio House Joint Resolution 3, legislation “that would allow Ohioans to opt out of any mandated health-care plan they don’t want to join”;
- Backed two efforts in Congress aimed at forcing a vote on repealing the Democrats’ jobs-killing government takeover of health care;
- Urged Ohio’s attorney general to join other state attorneys general in challenging ObamaCare; and
- Written Governor Strickland and demanded that he guarantee Ohioans that tax dollars won’t be used to pay for abortions under ObamaCare.